A quarterly journal of Sephardic and Middle Eastern culture, NASAWI News seeks submissions on arts & humanities including * music * art * literature * philosophy * religion * sociology * psychology
as well as
* travel * personal experiences * lifestyle
in the form of
* short news items (250 words or less)
* articles (1000 words or less)
* reviews (consult editors first)
* views (750 words or less)
* essays (under 2000 words)
* satirical cartoons
* items for the calendar covering arts/events/issues, to be submitted with 60 days advance notice
* display ads
* classified ads
* community billboard items
***please send all CDs, books and other items for review immediately to address below!***
Call to receive faxed rates: (323) 650-3157
Membership funds will enable us to print and distribute NASAWI News, which is not an organizational newsletter but intended to stimulate discussion and disseminate information about Sephardic and Middle Eastern culture.
Tel.: (323) 650-3157 Ivri-NASAWI
(New Assoc. of Sephardi/Mizrahi Artists & Writers International)
1033 N. Orlando Ave.
Los Angeles CA 90069
VOLUNTEERS WANTED: Can you proofread? Handle some phone calls? Run a few errands? We need your help to make this our best issue yet! Talk about grassroots, this is guerrilla publishing at its finest. Call us 323-650-3157 in L.A. and 212-362-9074 in New York.
[home] [org] [news] [calendar] [membership] [links] [open tent] [past] [nslc]